Why not make a few Glitter Ornaments for Christmas out of string or yarn?
They are fast and easy and inexpensive to make.
This is a fun project to do with the kids.
You can make them in any color you want.
Just use colors to match your holiday color scheme.
- Blow up the Ballon the size you want the ornament to be
- Tie the string or yarn around the top of the balloon
- Pull it tight and wind it around the balloon
- Stop winding when it looks the way you want
- Cut the end when finished winding
- Tuck the end under another string and tie a knot
- Pour the Mod Podge into a bowlApply the Mod Podge to the balloon with a foam paint brush
- Make sure the sting is wet everywhere
- When you finish, apply glitter using the second bowl to catch excess
- Dry overnight
- Cut the balloon through one of the areas bare of string
- Push the balloon away from the string on the inside of the string
- Clip the top of the balloon off
- Pull the ballon out through an opening in the string
- Attach string or yarn for hanging on the tree
This is such an easy and fun way to get lots of tree decorations.
If you love a tree with homemade or more casual decorations, I think these fill the bill for that.